Solar Arrow Board Trailers
Arrowmaster Solar Assist Arrow Board Trailer 15 & 25 Light Models
Bulk Orders: 10 arrow board trailer units (Full Truck) Qualifies for Significant Savings on Shipping
The Arrowmaster Pro-Line Solar-Assisted Advance Warner is a versatile, low-operating-cost arrow board that provides maximum visibility at all times while directing traffic through construction zones. This system is powered by a battery storage bank charged by a top-mounted, shadow-free solar panel. The Arrowmaster arrow board trailer conforms to and, in most cases, exceeds all federal and state MUTCD specifications. The Solar panel is positioned for maximum charging capabilities in both the operating and travel modes. Available with 15 or 25 lights in both the standard and wide-angle models (only standard angle listed)
Important: Batteries are hidden and maintenance free. Normally, you would need to check the batteries for power monthly. Also - because the batteries are hidden, no need to worry about theft. The batteries are often stolen and sold for cash. With these units thieves won't be able find them.
Warranty: This arrow board DOES have a warranty, however the specifics of the warranty change often, please contact us for the full warranty information on this model.
Security: The control box is lockable, and the battery box is made of steel. No need to worry about someone changing the settings who shouldn't be, or stealing batteries.
The Arrowmaster VITM hi-tech, solid-state controller incorporates an automatic intensity control that keeps the lamps bright, even under low battery conditions. Auto-Trac provides an automatic, full-time tracking system that adjusts the lamp intensity to the ambient light conditions. The controller is located in an easy-to-access lockable location inside the back of the sign case with the batteries securely enclosed and hidden inside the trailer deck. The 5”, amber, PAR 46, LED lamp is a sophisticated, high-output, low-power-consumption, sealed-beam lamp with a life that is unparalleled by other conventional arrow board lamps. The lamp is backed by a five-year warranty.
How Solar Arrowboards Work
The LED lamp panels are powered by a bank of batteries in order to convey bright, distinctive messages to the traveling public. The batteries are in turn recharged automatically by a group of solar panels located at the highest point on the unit. The Solar Message Center is designed with sufficient energy backup (batteries) to operate for a period of 30 days without any sun. The solar panel shall recharge the battery bank at a rate of 2.5 hours sun to one 24 hour period of usage. There is also a charger on each message board for charging boards overnight if needed.
Solar Arrowboard Trailer Features
- Solar Panel: Single, top-mounted unit that is constantly in horizontal positioning
- Battery: Four 12 Volt 18AH sealed maintenance-free batteries hidden inside the trailer deck
- Lamp: Fully sealed, 5” PAR 46 LED with high-impact plastic hoods
- Sign Panel: Full-sized 48” x 96” all-aluminum construction, sealed against the elements
- Controller: On-Board self-contained controller with 7 modes of operation
- Main Frame: 2” x 3” x .120” high-grade steel
- Axle: 2,000-lb. axle, 1,4000lb. leaf springs, roller bearings and hubs
- Tire Size: 205/75D14
- Removable Tongue: Designed not only for security but safety as well
- Hitch: 2" ball standard size. Optional pintle ring available
- Battery Charger: This is an option on each unit (with/without) but we only list it here with the charger, as that’s the common choice.
- Note: Frequently using an AC charger will increase life of the battery
- Finish: Powder coat paint, durable
- Mast: 3" x 3" x 3/16" steel tube assembly
Note: Frequently using an AC charger will increase the life of the battery
Solar Arrow Board Trailer Specifications
Shipping Weight: 15 Light is 850lbs & 25-Light Model is 880lbs
Tongue Weight (Panel Down): 75 lbs
Tongue Weight (Panel Up): 75 lbs
Length with Tongue: 116"
Traveling Height: 93"
Operation Height: 142”
Sign Panel Size: 48" H x 96" W
Number of Batteries: 4
Battery Type: 12V 18AH wired in parallel