Mini Matrix Message Board
Mini Full Matrix Message Board 4’ x 8’ Display - Model SMC 4000
Bulk Orders: 8 Units (Full Truck) Qualifies for Free Shipping
Click Here To Download Spec Sheet
- Energy-efficient LED display provides minimal battery maintenance and long operational life
- Automatic intensity control provides optimum LED intensity
- Industrial-grade trailer provides stable platform
- 4 leveling jacks with slide out extensions provide stability when deployed
- Powder-coat paint for improved fade and scratch resistance
- Calendar programming capability
- Full-Matrix display provides graphic messages and arrow board capability
- Graphic and Arrow Board displays available
Warranty: This message board DOES have a warranty, however the specifics of the warranty change often, please contact us for the full warranty information on this model.
Security: The control box is lockable, and the battery box is made of steel. No need to worry about someone changing the message who shouldn't be, or stealing batteries.
What does the Modem do? (extra option) Remote Communication! No need to waste time and money going to the location of your board. A modem allows you Real Time Message Updating and Control – program your board via smart phone/tablet/web. Can program changes on your boards up to one year in advance. Can change one board or multiple boards at one time. Hourly Polling and Monitoring- checking battery voltage/alerts. Diagnostic Tool Box-detailed reports including charts and graphs. User access is secure. Comes with GEO fence (if board goes out of your pre-defined area, you will be alerted via email/text). Good for tracking in case it gets stolen or lost. Modem will need data service to operate. We offer the basic level of data service for free if you purchase the modem.
What does the Radar do? (extra option) self-contained system to monitor and internally record traffic patterns on roadways in virtually any location and weather condition. Need to physically go to the board to get the memory stick and download the data.
How about the Radar w/ Data? (extra option) Same as above but includes a data plan so you can remotely: change mode from normal to legacy to police mode, change speed thresholds, and download plus analyze the data without having to physically go up to the board.
Understanding How Solar Assist/Solar Powered Works:
The LED lamp panels are powered by a bank of batteries in order to convey bright, distinctive messages to the traveling public. The batteries are in turn recharged automatically by a group of solar panels located at the highest point on the unit. The Solar Message Center is designed with sufficient energy backup (batteries) to operate for a period of 21 days without any sun. The solar panel shall recharge the battery bank at a rate of 2.5 hours sun to one 24 hour period of usage. There is also a charger on each message board for charging boards overnight if needed.
The SMC 4000 Mast-Mini is designed for use in areas where space is limited, and provides variable character fonts with both 12″ and 18″ character heights.
Standard NTCIP-Compliant Controller
A user-friendly, NTCIP-compliant, dedicated computer designed by Precision Solar Controls reduces the number of keys required to program the SMC 4000 Mast-Mini.
Full Matrix Display
The SMC 4000 Mast-Mini provides 250 text, 60 graphic and 20 arrow board display messages preprogrammed and stored in the controller. Additionally, 100 user-created messages can be programmed and stored.
Industrial-Grade Structural Steel Trailer
The SMC 4000 Mast-Mini uses a durable trailer system designed to provide years of dependable service. The trailer’s high-quality, powder-coat paint; 2″x 3″ 11-gauge steel frame; and a 2,000-pound axle enhance the overall durability of the unit.
Modular Electronic Componentry
The entire system was developed with the operator/end user in mind. Electronic components are easily replaced, reducing downtime and maintenance costs. This modularity also improves system diagnostics.
SMC 4000 Unit Specifications
- Raised height – 134″ (3.4 m) (2.66 M)
- Travel height – 102″ (2.6 m)
- Width – 68″ (1.73 m)
- Length with tongue – 107″ (2.72 m)
- Length w/o tongue – 55″ (1.4 m)
- Weight – 850 lbs. (385.5 Kg)
- Energy Source – (2) 4D Deep Cycle batteries
- Generator - solar panel array
- Operating Temperature Range – -20 to +120 degrees F (-29 to +49 degrees C)
- Lift Mechanism – 1,500 lbs. brake winch
- Main Frame – 2″ x 3″ x .120″ high grade steel
Sign Case Specifications
- Height - 48" (1.22 M)
- Width - 96" (2.43 M)
- Character Height - 12" (30 CM) / 18" (46 CM)
- Lamp – LED (4 per pixel)
- Legibility - 1000 ft. (304 M)
- Control Console Display: LCD
- Pre-programmed Messages: 250
- User Programmed Capability: 100 messages
- NTCIP-compliant software
- Update Speed: 100 Milliseconds
- Removable Solid State design
- Off the shelf QWERTY keyboard