43 X 72 Sentry Cable Barrier
[Price for 4]
43 x 72 Sentry Water-Cable Barrier
Click Here To Download Spec Sheet
- Email or Call for Quantity Discounts
- Certified for TL-1, TL-2, TL-3 (except in CA, not TL-3 approved yet)
- 4 internal steel cables connect barrier to barrier, prevent vehicle breaching
- 43 x 72 x 18 / 160lbs Empty / NCHRP-350 Approved
The Sentry Water Cable Barrier is an NCHRP 350 TL-3 (though not yet certified at TL3 in California) certified work zone crash barrier that can be used as an alternative to cumbersom concrete barriers in a construction work zone. The Sentry has been tested and passed all TL-2 and TL-3 light and heavy vehicle impacts at 45 and 62.5 mph (70 and 100 kph). With eleven (11) interlocking knuckles on each end multiple Sentry's can be linked together with a 1 ⅛" (30 mm) diameter galvanized hollow steel T-Pin with a steel keeper pin at the bottom of each T-Pin.
Molded into each Sentry are four (4) ⅜" (9.5 mm) diameter stranded steel cables, that are galvanized for excellent corrosion resistance. The cables prevent the impacting vehicle from penetrating the barrier wall and into the work zone or on-coming traffic.
The Sentry Water-Cable Barrier has been tested and accepted for all TL-1, TL-2, and TL-3 lightweight 1,807 lbs (820 kg) and heavyweight 4,409 lbs (2,000 kg) vehicle impacts at 45 mph (70 kph) and 62.5 mph (100 kph) impacts. Sentry can do any job, without the addition of external steel or extra parts, where water barrier is specified.
Sentry Water-Cable Barrier allows for the creation of a free standing continuous longitudinal water-cable barrier. Each Sentry wall section has four integrally molded corrosion resistant steel cables and eight (8) bushings connecting the barrier sections to prevent vehicle breaching. Weighing 2,000 lbs (907 kg) when filled, the Sentry Water-Cable Barrier softly absorbs the impacting vehicles energy progressively using water, and the steel cables to cature the vehicle without redirection, avoiding a secondary incident.
Errant Vehicles are... a) Prevented from entering the work zone b) Captured and not redirected into traffic c) Safely controlled and stopped
- The Sentry Water-Cable Barrier Wall has been tested and accepted for all TL-2 & TL-3 light weight 1,807 lbs (820 kg) and heavy 4,409 lbs (2,000 kg) vehicle impacts at 45 mph (70 kph) and 62.5 mph (100 kph) impacts
- Sentry Water-Cable Barrier weighs 160 lbs (73 kg) empty and 2,000 lbs (907 kg) completely full with 220 gal (832 l ) of water
- Sentry is 72 in (183 cm) long, 43 in (109 cm) tall and 22 in (57 cm) wide
- Four integrally molded corrosion resistant steel cables prevent the impacting vehicle from breaching the Sentry Water-Cable Barrier
- The integrally molded steel cable and bushings allow for the creation of a free standing, continuous longitudinal water-cable barrier
- Stacking lugs on the top and bottom of the Sentry make storage and transport a breeze
- Fork lift through holes and pallet jack slots make movement and placement of Sentry quick and easy
- Interlocking knuckle design allows for positive connection between Sentry barriers while still maintaining up to a 15 degree rotation between sections
- 8 inch (20.32 cm) diameter fill hole allows for quick filling
- Tamper resistant drain plug with course buttress thread screws in or out in only 1.5 turns
- Sentry's interlocking knuckles on each end positively link sections together with a galvanized steel T-pin
- Standard colors are orange/red or white - additional colors available upon request (typically bulk quantities needed for custom colors)
Units approved for NCHRP-350 TL-1, TL-2 and TL-3. Ask for the approval letters
Specifications: Empty 160 lbs. (73 kg) Filled 2,000 lbs (907 kg). Size is 43" Tall, 72" Long and 22" Deep. Barriers are made of polyethylene plastic.
Deflection Values: TL-2 45 mph, TL-3 62.5 mph